I've just completed our lesson nine Russian "test", which is something I've been dreading for about a week. Last night, between 6 and 7 pm, I started studying the chapter and continued to do so, more or less, until around 1 am. I then spent another hour or two studying this morning (sleeping in/skipping honors in the process, for which I was completely unprepared anyway because of Russian studying). We arrive in class, and the professor announces we're going to do the test "in pairs". We do the test together, switch tests, check each others' work, then turn the test in (as an aside, had it been and individual test I knew most of the answers). When I asked if/how it was going to be graded, being, I think, understandably befuddled, our professor said that I was "another one" who was "worried about grades" and that the "important thing is that you're learning." She then said "I know what your grade is." I... think this is good? If this was an in class assignment for participation, why did I spend 8 hours and skip a class to study for it? What... why...
I hate this language.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Could have been worse right? At least it wasn't the other way around!!
You're trying too hard. And that means a lot, coming from me ;)
Post a Comment